Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Allah closes the door on no one, you close the door on Allah

Salam (:

.....

There was this girl freshman year of high school.
I "hated" her!
Why?
Because she wasn't becoming of a Muslim woman, I just closed the door on her and basically judged her as being on of the "lost ones". I never took the time to go and talk to her about her actions; to be honest, I avoided her at any cost. Because back then, I was for sure that when you dropped your values as a muslim, you were done. There was no rewind, your done. The door was shut.

BUT OF COURSE, I was wrong.

Anyone can change.
This girl is now one of the strongest Muslimahs I know of, alhumduiallah (:
but it was not me who created this change, it was someone with an open mind who knew that only Allah could determine whether this girl had the ability to change but it is was our duty as Muslims to spread the deen.

As Muslims, we can not close the door on anyone.
Did you know that many reverts find Islam in prison?
The whole element of prison opens the doors to pure thought.
I mean, all you can do is think, read, and workout.
Now when these guys get out of prison, should we shun them from the past? should we consider them less of a muslim?
NO.

Only ALLAH has the right to judge, and only Allah knows the true intentions of this person and the consequences of their actions. BUT what we do know as Muslims is that it is our duty to spread the word of Islam.


But one this to keep in mind is that there are people that will never listen which is expressed clearly in Surah Al-Kafirun and many other surahs: 

"In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
Say: Oh you who turn away
I do not worship what you worship,
nor do you worship what I worship.
And I will not worship what you worship,
Nor will you worship what I worship.
Your way is yours, and my way is mine."



This surah doe not tell us to shun any person who is not on the same path, but to simply acknowledge the fact that there are some who just wont believe.

WHY DO YOU CARE? 
Spread the word of your Lord, near and far, high and low. There will be many who will reject you, but amongst all of the people who do, there will be one or many who will listen, inshalla. and this is the beauty of Islam. As the fastest growing religion, alhumduiallah, there is someone listening.

Also, as muslims we need to know to be open-minded. I really dont care how open minded you proclaim you are, show this through your actions. If you are closing yourself to anyone with a lesser Iman than you, who will listen?

There is a short little video with this blog -------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmnwv9IZACs


Salam (:
-jazz

No comments:

Post a Comment